In Each Quarterly Crochet Kit You Will Get:
- New Crochet Pattern from designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions, inspired by the story (printed with story and emailed PDF). The pattern will be advanced beginner in difficulty and include clearly written and tech edited instructions as well as stitch diagrams and/or tutorials.
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid - A printed short mystery featuring characters from her Lola Rose 1920's historical mystery series.
- Handmade Accessory and/or Tool, made by our designer, to use with the kit project or mentioned in the story.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with enough yarn to complete the project for that kit.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive Facebook community to share your projects and questions, as well as Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
Get all this for just $65 plus $6 S&H per kit, charged once every 3 months. Save $5 off that per Kit when you Subscribe and Free Shipping for Annual Subscribers! Kits Ship in March, June, September, and December.
Preorders for the Fall Kit close July 31st!
Our Fall 2021 Kit Will Include:
Problematic Partnership by author C. Jane Reid.
While Lola is away, trouble hasn’t left London, it merely shifts to land at the feet of Detective Inspector Arthur Blythe and his unlikely sidekick, Daphne Darring.
Welcome to the Regal Rose Hotel: The posh and elegant hotel that caters to the rich, the famous, and the eccentric in Jazz Age London. Try the hotel’s signature drink, The Rose, at the Portage Club nightclub, dance the night away to the music of Dot and the Four Grooves, and sit with Lola Rose and her companions as they indulge in jazz, cocktails, rumors, and mysteries. There may just be a romance or two.
The newest crochet design by Laurinda Reddig is worked in a technique that is unusual but uses only basic crochet stitches to make an accessory with a nod to the clothing fashions of the 1920s.
This kit features one skein of squishy Dapper, 205 yards/4 oz. of 100% SW Merino light worsted weight yarn from Oink Pigments. This yarn is grown in Australia, processed in Italy, spun in Canada, and hand-dyed in Vista, California. You get to choose between Teal Appeal and Just Ducky colorways, what perfect names to go with our 1920s stories this year. As with all hand-dyed yarn color shades may vary as each skein is unique.
The Handmade Accessories
Our designer Laurinda has been experimenting with more new crafts this year and is making a special treat for each of you to wear to go in this kit.
Last year she made buttons for each kit, tied leather knot shawl pins, beaded bookmarks, made stitch markers, and created holiday cards. For this kit you get not one but two handmade items from her, both a handy tool and a necessary part to complete your finished project.