In Each Quarterly Crochet Kit You Will Get:
- New Crochet Pattern from designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions, inspired by the story (printed with story and emailed PDF). The pattern will be advanced beginner in difficulty and include clearly written and tech edited instructions as well as stitch diagrams and/or tutorials.
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid - A printed contemporary cozy short mystery .
- Handmade Accessory and/or Tool, made by our designer, to use with the kit project or mentioned in the story.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with enough yarn to complete the project for that kit.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive Facebook community to share your projects and questions, as well as Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
Get all this for just $65 plus $6 S&H per kit, charged once every 3 months. Save $5 off each Kit when you Subscribe and Free Shipping for Annual Subscribers! Kits Ship in March, June, September, and December.
Preorders for the Winter Kit close January 31st!
Our Winter 2021 Kit Included:
Holiday Homecoming by author C. Jane Reid.
Lola and Willa have returned to a gray and snowy London, driving Lola’s newly purchased auto. What trouble could they possibly get into before reaching the Regal Rose hotel?
Welcome to the Regal Rose Hotel: The posh and elegant hotel that caters to the rich, the famous, and the eccentric in Jazz Age London. Try the hotel’s signature drink, The Rose, at the Portage Club nightclub, dance the night away to the music of Dot and the Four Grooves, and sit with Lola Rose and her companions as they indulge in jazz, cocktails, rumors, and mysteries. There may just be a romance or two.
The newest design by Laurinda Reddig coming in the Winter Kit was the first thing that came to mind when she thought about designs inspired by the fashions of the 1920’s era of the stories. A quick and fun project, you may just want to make two!
This kit features one skein of delicious DK Yakity Yak, 232 yards/100 grams DK weight yarn that is a delicious blend of 15%silk, 20% yak, and 65% superwash merino hand-dyed by Greenwood Fiberworks. Choose between Calypso (cool) and Arcade (warm) variegated colorways, it’s a hard choice on this one! As with all hand-dyed yarn color shades may vary as each skein is unique.
The Handmade Accessories
Our designer Laurinda has been experimenting with more new crafts this year and is created something for each of you to add to your finished project or use by itself.
Last year she made buttons for each kit, tied leather knot shawl pins, beaded bookmarks, made stitch markers, and created holiday cards. So far this year she’s made traveler’s notebooks, sewn bag liners, and cord twister tools.