Each Quarterly Crochet Kit You Will Get:
- New Crochet Pattern from designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions, inspired by the story (printed with story and emailed PDF). The pattern will be advanced beginner in difficulty and include clearly written and tech edited instructions as well as stitch diagrams and/or tutorials.
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid - A printed short mystery featuring characters from her Lola Rose 1920's historical mystery series.
- Handmade Accessory and/or Tool, made by our designer, to use with the kit project or mentioned in the story.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with enough yarn to complete the project for that kit.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive Facebook community to share your projects and questions, as well Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
Subscribers get all this for just $65 plus $6 S&H per kit, charged once every 3 months (that's a $13 discount from last year). Save $5 off that per Kit when you Subscribe and Free Shipping for Annual Subscribers! Kits Ship in March, June, September, and December.
Preorders for the Spring Kit close January 31st!
Our Spring 2021 Kit Will Include:
Two Shots by Torchlight by author C. Jane Reid.
What happens in a fancy 1920s hotel when the lights go out? Lola and her friends are about to find out…
Welcome to the Regal Rose Hotel: The posh and elegant hotel that caters to the rich, the famous, and the eccentric in Jazz Age London. Try the hotel’s signature drink, The Rose, at the Portage Club nightclub, dance the night away to the music of Dot and the Four Grooves, and sit with Lola Rose and her companions as they indulge in jazz, cocktails, rumors, and mysteries. There may just be a romance or two.
The newest design created by Laurinda Reddig is inspired by the Art Deco style made popular in the 1920s, when our stories take place. A traditional technique worked with Laurinda’s usual twist, this piece will add a little flair that any “Bright Young Thing” would covet for a night out at the Portage Club or shopping at the Regal Rose Hotel boutiques.
This kit features a yummy skein of Kitty Glitter from Boss Kitty, 430 yards fingering weight yarn In a blend of 75% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon, and 5% Stellina. Pour yourself a glass of cabernet with the Victoria colorway over gold stellina. Gaze into a dimly lit jazz club with the Larkspur colorway over silver stellina. As with all hand-dyed yarn color shades may vary as each skein is unique.
The Handmade Accessories
Our designer Laurinda always considered trying new crafts her hobby but she kept coming back to crochet and turned that into her business. She still loves the opportunity to try all sorts of new handcrafts and has been sharing her new passions with our subscribers.
This year she made buttons for each kit, tied leather knots, beaded bookmarks, made stitch markers, and drew holiday cards. Next year she has even more new crafts already planned to share with our Kit Club Subscribers for a handmade treat with every kit!