In Each Quarterly Crochet Kit You Will Get:
- New Crochet Pattern from designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions, inspired by the story (printed with story and emailed PDF). The pattern will be advanced beginner in difficulty and include clearly written and tech edited instructions as well as stitch diagrams and/or tutorials.
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid - A printed short mystery featuring characters from her Lola Rose 1920's historical mystery series.
- Handmade Accessory and/or Tool, made by our designer, to use with the kit project or mentioned in the story.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with enough yarn to complete the project for that kit.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive Facebook community to share your projects and questions, as well as Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
Get all this for just $65 plus $6 S&H per kit, charged once every 3 months. Save $5 off that per Kit when you Subscribe and Free Shipping for Annual Subscribers! Kits Ship in March, June, September, and December.
Preorders for the Summer Kit close April 30th!
Our Summer 2021 Kit Will Include:
High Seas Hijinks by author C. Jane Reid.
Willa has joined her friend Lola on a voyage to West Texas, sailing across the Atlantic in first class. Their relaxing cruise, however, is about to turn a little less peaceful…
Welcome to the Regal Rose Hotel: The posh and elegant hotel that caters to the rich, the famous, and the eccentric in Jazz Age London. Try the hotel’s signature drink, The Rose, at the Portage Club nightclub, dance the night away to the music of Dot and the Four Grooves, and sit with Lola Rose and her companions as they indulge in jazz, cocktails, rumors, and mysteries. There may just be a romance or two.
The newest design by Laurinda Reddig takes inspiration directly from the fashions of the 1920s when our story takes place, with a touch of bling from beads worked throughout the piece that any “Bright Young Thing” would covet for a night out at the Portage Club or shopping at the Regal Rose Hotel boutiques.
This kit features one half skein (260 yards) of lustrous light fingering weight 100% Tencel 5/2 yarn hand-dyed by Teresa Ruch Designs, plus half a hank of 8/0 seed beads from Bead Biz in a coordinating color. Choose Sage with Green Iris Beads or Orchid with Jet AB Beads. As with all hand-dyed yarn color shades may vary, and the natural shine of tencel makes it difficult to capture the true colorways.
The Handmade Accessories
Our designer Laurinda always considered trying new crafts her hobby but she kept coming back to crochet and turned that into her business. She still loves the opportunity to try all sorts of new handcrafts and has been sharing her new passions with our subscribers.
Last year she made buttons for each kit, tied leather knot shawl pins, beaded bookmarks, made stitch markers, and created holiday cards. For this kit you get not one but two handmade items from her, both a handy tool and a necessary part to complete your finished project.