Winter PreOrders In October
Don’t miss another Kit! Order Yours Today!
Envision the History of Crochet through Fiction and Design…
Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is a quarterly kit club specially designed for crocheters that combines your two favorite hobbies, Crocheting and Reading! So much more than a yarn club, each element of these kits is a mysterious delight… but each one is only available for one month.
Brought to you by the creative minds of award-winning crochet designer Laurinda Reddig and historical fiction author C. Jane Reid...
Each kit offers a brand new fictional story and crochet pattern along with hand-dyed yarn and a handmade accessory, all bound together in a theme of romance, history, and crochet. Join the Adventure!
What Can You Expect In a Ficstitches Yarns Kit ?
Each Quarterly Crochet Kit Includes:
- New Crochet Pattern from designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions, inspired by the story. Patterns are generally advanced beginner in difficulty with clearly written and tech edited instructions, including stitch diagrams and/or tutorials as needed for any more advanced techniques.
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid – Part Two of a new 2-part Novel, tying the kit together (Add on Part 1 for $8).
- Handmade Gift and/or Tool to use with the kit project.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with enough yarn to complete the kit project.
- Muslin Project Bag, hand-stamped and hand-dyed, filled with all these kit goodies.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive online community for Kit Club Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
You get all this for just $70 plus shipping, once every 3 months
Ready to Join The Adventure?
The 2019 Schedule:
- For the convenience of our regular customers, we offer a Quarterly Subscription Option (for U.S. customers only). You will only be charged each Quarter for the coming Kit and can cancel at any time on PayPal before the next PreOrder month.
- We still have the option to Preorder each individual kit as well.
- Each Kit will be available for limited Preorder until the end of January, April, July, and October. Members with subscriptions will be charged for their kits during these months on the same day as original purchase.
- We will use the following month to allow for yarn-dyeing and preparing all the kit club goodies.
- Kits will be Shipped in March, June, September, and December.
- Once kits have arrived, look forward to sharing your projects on our Secret Society Facebook community.
Our Winter 2019 Kit Club Will Include:
The Second Half of Unraveling: A Fence Between by author C. Jane Reid. Ned’s struggle to save her neighbors isn’t over, but a new battle has erupted along Ned’s homefront and this time it is personal. Suzy, the girl Ned has helped raise from infancy, learns that her mother wants her back, something she has secretly dreamed of for years. Ned doesn’t believe that Suzy’s mother means well, however, and she almost always follows her instincts, but Ned carries too many doubts about whether she is a good mother to judge another woman. Can she come to trust in herself to make the right choices for all of them while still fighting for her neighbors, or has Ned finally been outflanked by problems?
Beauty and usefulness come together like two friends in this clever and lovely design from our resident designer, Laurinda Reddig. Ned and her dear friend, Katsuko, might be separated by distance and fences, but neither forgets the other, and this crochet design is one example of the thoughtfulness and skill they both share.
This kit features Gerty, a fingering weight 100% Targhee yarn from Anzula Luxury Fibers. You will get to choose between Keola (green) or Coco (soft brown). The name seemed perfect, as Ned’s Dad drove an ambulance in WW1, which they called a “Gerty”!
Even in times of war, creativity abounds. The accessory included in this kit is not only creative but combines two crafts in a new way, and is being custom designed just for our kits by an amazing local artist we can’t wait for you to discover..
Still not sure if Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is for you?
Check out exactly what was included in our first 4 years of Kit Clubs:
The Patterns from the first 3 kits, plus 6 more accessory designs inspired by the novel can also be found in The Secret Stitch A Crochet Companion.
Rave Reviews from Our Customers:
Each time I receive a kit I think it cannot possibly be better than the last one. But this time you have moved the bar so very high! WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!!!!!!! 💖 — Libby N.
“What’s not to love? I get so excited when I get my kit, like a little kid getting a present. Lol. The stories are well written and as an avid reader I can’t put it down until I either fall asleep or finish the book. The patterns are well written and wonderful items to make some you want to make it over and over again. The yarn is wonderful and the surprise extra is always great.” — Christine S.
“I have gotten every kit! The yarn is always amazing, I have learned new stitch techniques, and the stories are great. It feels like my birthday when they arrive!” — Kandle Y.
“I must share with you and the others that I’ve bought many kits before but this is BY FAR the best, most comprehensive of them all!!!” — Roberta Abrams
“My kit just arrived! WOW, how cool is this kit…I love the idea of a story behind the piece we will be making together. I read through the directions, and really like the graph that is included to help with understanding the pattern. Thank you ladies for creating this unique wonderful kit. I am excited to start the shawl, and see others around the world crochet along together!” — Brenda C.
“Received my first kit and finished the first excerpt of the book… Can’t wait to read the next part of the story. I love the history and tradition of old patterns and stitch techniques. Thank you to the ficstitches yarn team for putting this club together and I will be here eagerly awaiting my next kit! Thanks again!” — Barbara W.