Summer PreOrders Open April 1st!
Signup for our Newsletter
so you do not miss the next kit!
Envision the History of Crochet through Fiction and Design…
Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is a quarterly kit club specially designed for crocheters that combines your two favorite hobbies, Crocheting and Reading! So much more than a yarn club, each element of these kits is a mysterious delight…
Journey with the Ficstitches Yarns Crochet Kit Club on an adventure back to the days of old.
Each kit offers a brand new fictional story and crochet pattern along with hand-dyed yarn and a handmade accessory, all bound together in a theme of romance, history, and crochet.
Join the Adventure . . .
What Can You Expect In a Ficstitches Yarns Kit ?
Each Quarterly Crochet Kit ($70.00+Shipping) Will Include:
- Accessory Pattern from crochet designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions. Patterns are generally advanced beginner in difficulty with clearly written and tech edited instructions, including stitch diagrams and/or tutorials as needed for more advanced techniques.
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid – Part One of a new 2-part Novel, tying the kit together.
- Handmade Gift and/or Tool to use with the kit project.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with enough yarn to complete the kit project.
- Muslin Project Bag, hand-stamped and filled with all these kit goodies.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive online group for Kit Club Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
The 2019 Schedule:
- For the convenience of our regular customers, we are now offering A Quarterly Subscription Option (for U.S. customers only). You will only be charged each Quarter for the coming Kit and can cancel at any time on PayPal before the next PreOrder month.
- We still have the option to Preorder each individual kit as well.
- Each Kit will be available for limited Preorder for One Month Only, in the months of January, April, July, and October. Members with subscriptions will be charged for their kits during these months on the same day as original purchase.
- We will use the following month to allow for yarn-dyeing and preparing all the kit club goodies.
Kits will be Shipped in March, June, September, and December.
- Once kits have arrived, look forward to sharing your projects on our Secret Society Facebook group.
Our Spring 2019 Kit Club Will Include:
The First Half of Unraveling: The Hooverville Happening by author C. Jane Reid.
It’s 1933, and the Great Depression has dug its claws into the country. In St. Louis, Nedra Sinclaire is one of the lucky ones, though, because she doesn’t live in the local Hooverville shanty town, but volunteers with her parents as they help see to the sick and injured among the destitute residents. When her work is done she transforms into just Ned, a scrapper running with the Tin Can Gang, shooting marbles and looking for anything they can use, sell, or eat. But when the leader of the gang is killed, nobody but Ned is willing to investigate. Determined that he doesn’t fade away into obscurity, Ned puts her secret on the line to uncover the truth.
Ned’s parents, Josie and Patrick Sinclaire, know what hardship is like. They also know how to put themselves on the line for the sake of others, a lesson their daughter, Ned, has taken to heart. In the evening, listening to the latest radio dramas, Ned and her mother crochet gifts to hand out to the Hooverville residents. But yarn isn’t easy to come by and every scrap is used anyway it can be. Laurinda Reddig has recreated one of this pieces Ned makes to donate, keeping the ‘make do’ attitude alive.
This kit features approx. 914 yards of fingering weight yarn from Mosaic Moon. Choose between the “Ochre” (warm) and “Pear” (cool) set of six skeins of 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon yarn. In the spirit of using whatever yarn is at hand, we have added as the accessory five mini skeins dyed to match the full skein of speckled yarn for the creation of the clever pattern included.
As always, we enclose a gift tied into the theme of the story. In this one, you’ll find a handy tool that Ned keeps with her while she conducts her investigation.
Still not sure if Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is for you?
Check out exactly what was included in our first 3 years of Kit Clubs:
You can find the Stories from all three 2015 kits now in the novel, The Secret Stitch.
The second book in the Unraveling Series is also available as The Sojourners.
The Patterns from the first 3 kits, plus 6 more accessory designs inspired by the novel can also be found in The Secret Stitch A Crochet Companion.
Rave Reviews from Our Customers:
Each time I receive a kit I think it cannot possibly be better than the last one. But this time you have moved the bar so very high! WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!!!!!!! 💖 — Libby N.
“What’s not to love? I get so excited when I get my kit, like a little kid getting a present. Lol. The stories are well written and as an avid reader I can’t put it down until I either fall asleep or finish the book. The patterns are well written and wonderful items to make some you want to make it over and over again. The yarn is wonderful and the surprise extra is always great.” — Christine S.
“I have gotten every kit! The yarn is always amazing, I have learned new stitch techniques, and the stories are great. It feels like my birthday when they arrive!” — Kandle Y.
“I must share with you and the others that I’ve bought many kits before but this is BY FAR the best, most comprehensive of them all!!!” — Roberta Abrams
“My kit just arrived! WOW, how cool is this kit…I love the idea of a story behind the piece we will be making together. I read through the directions, and really like the graph that is included to help with understanding the pattern. Thank you ladies for creating this unique wonderful kit. I am excited to start the shawl, and see others around the world crochet along together!” — Brenda C.
“Received my first kit and finished the first excerpt of the book… Can’t wait to read the next part of the story. I love the history and tradition of old patterns and stitch techniques. Thank you to the ficstitches yarn team for putting this club together and I will be here eagerly awaiting my next kit! Thanks again!” — Barbara W.
Sign Up for Our Mailing List to find out when Next Kit Is Available!
Subscribe to our mailing list