2020 PreOrders Now Open
Don’t miss another Kit! Order Yours Today!
Envision the History of Crochet through Fiction and Design…
Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is a quarterly kit club specially designed for crocheters that combines your two favorite hobbies, Crocheting and Reading! So much more than a yarn club, each element of these kits is a mysterious delight… but each one is only available for one month.
Brought to you by the creative minds of award-winning crochet designer Laurinda Reddig and historical fiction author C. Jane Reid since 2015...
Each kit offers a brand new fictional story and crochet pattern along with hand-dyed yarn and a handmade accessory, all bound together in a theme of romance, history, and crochet. JOIN THE ADVENTURE!
What Can You Expect In a Ficstitches Yarns Kit ?
Each Quarterly Crochet Kit Includes:
- New Crochet Pattern from designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions, inspired by the story. A printed copy of the pattern which will be advanced beginner in difficulty, including clearly written and tech edited instructions as well as stitch diagrams and/or tutorials as needed.
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid – Part One of a brand new 2-part Novel, tying the kit together.
- Handmade Gift and/or Tool to use with the kit project.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with enough yarn to complete the kit project.
- Muslin Project Bag, hand-stamped and hand-dyed, filled with all these kit goodies.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive online community for Kit Club Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
You get all this for just $70 plus shipping, once every 3 months
What Our Kit Club Members Say…
“I have gotten every kit! The yarn is always amazing, I have learned new stitch techniques, and the stories are great. It feels like my birthday when they arrive!” — Kandle Y.
“Each time I receive a kit I think it cannot possibly be better than the last one. But this time you have moved the bar so very high! WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!!!!!!! 💖” — Libby N.
“What’s not to love? I get so excited when I get my kit, like a little kid getting a present. Lol. The stories are well written and as an avid reader I can’t put it down until I either fall asleep or finish the book. The patterns are well written and wonderful items to make some you want to make it over and over again. The yarn is wonderful and the surprise extra is always great.” — Christine S.
Are You Ready to Join The Adventure?
The 2019 Schedule:
- For the convenience of our regular customers, we offer a Quarterly Subscription Option (for U.S. customers only). You will only be charged each Quarter for the coming Kit and can cancel at any time on PayPal before the next PreOrder month.
- We still have the option to Preorder each individual kit as well.
- Each Kit will be available for limited Preorder until the end of January, April, July, and October. Members with subscriptions will be charged for their kits during these months on the same day as original purchase.
- We will use the following month to allow for yarn-dyeing and preparing all the kit club goodies.
- Kits will be Shipped in March, June, September, and December.
- Once kits have arrived, look forward to sharing your projects on our Secret Society Facebook community.
Our First Kit Club of 2020 Will Include:
The First Half of Unraveling: The Madness of Adelaide Rourke by author C. Jane Reid. The 1960s are over for Adelaide Guthrie Rourke. Her husband is dead. Her older sisters are estranged. Her mother doesn’t understand her. And all her best friend wants is reveling in the Age of Aquarius. As Adelaide’s world crumbles around her, a woman comes to her, a woman with kind and knowing eyes and a smile she recognizes. It’s one she is wearing in the photographs from her wedding day, a smile she has since lost. Can this woman be the one to help her recover from her grief? Or will she lead Adelaide farther into chaos?
The newest design by Laurinda Reddig embraces a quintessential crochet stitch from the 60s in a more modern style and colors that even Adelaide’s best friend and hippie, Frankie, would be thrilled to have.
This kit features 3 skeins of DK weight 75% Cotton/25% Flax Linen yarn from the Monticello Collection of Cestari Sheep & Wool. One of the rare times we get to offer a non-wool yarn. The Cool color choice will include Jefferson Sky, Jefferson Fig, and Tufton Green. The Warm color choices will include Damson Plum, Cellar Stone, and Day Lily. Cestari is a family-run yarn company that grows and mills their own wool, and mills these cotton-blend yarns from cotton grown right there in Virginia.
Our designer Laurinda has been experimenting with new crafts this year and is cooking up something ideal for Adelaide, both useful and appropriate to her era, as well as something fun for you to enjoy!
Still not sure if Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is for you?
Check out exactly what was included in our first 4 years of Kit Clubs:
The Patterns from the first 3 kits, plus 6 more accessory designs inspired by the novel can also be found in The Secret Stitch A Crochet Companion.
More Rave Reviews from Our Customers:
“I must share with you and the others that I’ve bought many kits before but this is BY FAR the best, most comprehensive of them all!!!” — Roberta Abrams
“My kit just arrived! WOW, how cool is this kit…I love the idea of a story behind the piece we will be making together. I read through the directions, and really like the graph that is included to help with understanding the pattern. Thank you ladies for creating this unique wonderful kit. I am excited to start the shawl, and see others around the world crochet along together!” — Brenda C.
“Received my first kit and finished the first excerpt of the book… Can’t wait to read the next part of the story. I love the history and tradition of old patterns and stitch techniques. Thank you to the ficstitches yarn team for putting this club together and I will be here eagerly awaiting my next kit! Thanks again!” — Barbara W.