Summer Kit Preorders Have Closed
Sign up for our newsletterso you don’t miss another kit!
Envision the History of Crochet through Fiction and Design…
Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is a quarterly kit club specially designed for crocheters that combines your two favorite hobbies, Crocheting and Reading! So much more than a yarn club, each element of these kits is a mysterious delight… but each one is only available for one month.
Journey with the Ficstitches Yarns Crochet Kit Club on an adventure back to the days of old...
Each kit offers a brand new fictional story and crochet pattern along with hand-dyed yarn and a handmade accessory, all bound together in a theme of romance, history, and crochet.
What Can You Expect In a Ficstitches Yarns Kit ?
Each Quarterly Crochet Kit ($75.00+Shipping) Will Include:
- Accessory Pattern from crochet designer Laurinda Reddig of ReCrochetions. Patterns are generally advanced beginner in difficulty with clearly written and tech edited instructions, including stitch diagrams and/or tutorials as needed for more advanced techniques.
- Original Fictional Story from author C. Jane Reid – Part Two of a new 2-part Novel, tying the kit together (add on Part One for $9 to get the whole story).
- Handmade Gift and/or Tool to use with the kit project.
- Hand-Dyed Yarn from various indie dyers, exploring different yarn weights and luxury fibers with enough yarn to complete the kit project.
- Muslin Project Bag, hand-stamped and dyed, and filled with all these kit goodies.
- An Invitation to join the Ficstitches Yarns Secret Society, an exclusive online community for Kit Club Book Discussions, Crochet-Alongs and more.
The 2019 Schedule:
- For the convenience of our regular customers, we are now offering A Quarterly Subscription Option (for U.S. customers only). You will only be charged each Quarter for the coming Kit and can cancel at any time on PayPal before the next PreOrder month.
- We still have the option to Preorder each individual kit as well.
- Each Kit will be available for limited Preorder for One Month Only, in the months of January, April, July, and October. Members with subscriptions will be charged for their kits during these months on the same day as original purchase.
- We will use the following month to allow for yarn-dyeing and preparing all the kit club goodies.
Kits will be Shipped in March, June, September, and December.
- Once kits have arrived, look forward to sharing your projects on our Secret Society Facebook community.
The Second Half of Unraveling: The Hooverville Happening by author C. Jane Reid.
With the help of her pals, Tommy and Al, Ned Pierson is deep into figuring out what happened to the leader of the Tin Can Gang. She’s also depending on the former soldiers of the Veterans Home for advice. As she investigates, though, the secret fact that she’s not Just Ned but a girl is becoming increasingly hard to keep. Add in the involvement of another local gang, and, shockingly, an old family rival and Ned will be lucky to come out of it unscathed. But it is the Great Depression and who won’t come out scarred in some ways? Ned’s about to find out.
The local Hooverville is a city within a city but without the ability to support itself. That’s where Ned and her family come in, taking much needed food and clothing, along with medical aid, to the displaced folks living in the shanty town. Ned and her mother, Josie, spend evenings crocheting items to bring a little cheer and warmth into their hard lives, and this special item is no different, and inspired Laurinda Reddig‘s design.
This kit features a gorgeous 500 yard “Fusion” from Cat Mountain Fiber Arts. Choose between the “Garnet” (warm) or “Cobalt” (cool). These Fusion skeins are a custom combination of 8 different worsted weight yarns in various fibers and textures. Ned is careful in her choice of yarn because there is only so much to be had. Collecting and unraveling worn, knit sweaters makes for a ready source, and dyeing them all together in one color like Cat Mountain does makes for interesting design possibilities. A little ingenuity goes a long ways, and Ned, and our dyer, are nothing if not clever at this special gift.
As always, we enclose a gift tied into the theme of the story. Keeping with the make-do and reuse attitude of the 1930s, we’ve included an accessory that will bring the crochet design from lovely to elegant. Made by our own Katherine Greer, this trinket is just the thing to hold it all together.
Still not sure if Ficstitches Yarns Kit Club is for you?
Check out exactly what was included in our first 4 years of Kit Clubs:
The Patterns from the first 3 kits, plus 6 more accessory designs inspired by the novel can also be found in The Secret Stitch A Crochet Companion.
Rave Reviews from Our Customers:
Each time I receive a kit I think it cannot possibly be better than the last one. But this time you have moved the bar so very high! WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!!!!!!! 💖 — Libby N.
“What’s not to love? I get so excited when I get my kit, like a little kid getting a present. Lol. The stories are well written and as an avid reader I can’t put it down until I either fall asleep or finish the book. The patterns are well written and wonderful items to make some you want to make it over and over again. The yarn is wonderful and the surprise extra is always great.” — Christine S.
“I have gotten every kit! The yarn is always amazing, I have learned new stitch techniques, and the stories are great. It feels like my birthday when they arrive!” — Kandle Y.
“I must share with you and the others that I’ve bought many kits before but this is BY FAR the best, most comprehensive of them all!!!” — Roberta Abrams
“My kit just arrived! WOW, how cool is this kit…I love the idea of a story behind the piece we will be making together. I read through the directions, and really like the graph that is included to help with understanding the pattern. Thank you ladies for creating this unique wonderful kit. I am excited to start the shawl, and see others around the world crochet along together!” — Brenda C.
“Received my first kit and finished the first excerpt of the book… Can’t wait to read the next part of the story. I love the history and tradition of old patterns and stitch techniques. Thank you to the ficstitches yarn team for putting this club together and I will be here eagerly awaiting my next kit! Thanks again!” — Barbara W.